- High quality black slate with smooth and even white sublimation coated area for printing photos or bespoke artwork.
- Comes with gloss finish (not matte finish)
- A great alternative to standard photo frames
- Landscape shape for creating stunning panoramics group photo pieces or signage for special occasions
- Measures 20cm x 30cm (approx. 8in x 12in) with a printable area of 19cm x 29cm
- Available in a number of other sizes and shapes PLEASE NOTE: With these photo slates you must press these upside down so that the heat goes through the slate. Do not heat the paper directly as this will cause the paper to burn and the finish will not be as required. Using a silicone mat will help to sublimate on the rough edges of the slate to create a seamless image.
What can I do with this product?
These photo slates are perfectly made for use as personalised gifts or art pieces. You can create:
- Stunning photos with vibrant colours as an alternative to standard photo frames
- Personalised signs for weddings or special occasions
- Bespoke artwork or designs on this polished rock slate
Troubleshooting and Tips
Larger photo slates are not suitable for printing on using an A4 sublimation and require an A3 printer such as the Ricoh SG7110 or Sawgrass SG800.
You can press these slates face up or face down. In our testing we did these face down with the settings shown below. If you are doing them face up then reduce the heating time by around half keeping the temperature the same.
Do not apply too much pressure on these slate as while they are strong the combination of the heat and pressure will crack them if it is too much.
Some customers like to preheat the slates especially if they have been stored somewhere colder than room temperature though this is not entirely necessary.